Zesty White Bean and Turkey Chili
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 2/3 cups chopped onions
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/3 cup seeded and minced jalapeño peppers
6 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 cans (15 oz/426 mL each) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups diced, cooked turkey breast
1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp minced ancho chile pepper
1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp finely minced fresh cilantro
- In large Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Add jalapeños and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add chicken broth, beans, turkey and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cumin and chile pepper. Simmer 35 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and simmer additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro immediately before serving.
Yield: 12 servings. Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 245; total Fat: 3 g; saturated Fat: 0.3 g; cholesterol: 43 mg; sodium: 250 mg; carbohydrates: 29 g; fiber: 9 g; protein: 26 g
Recipe courtesy Canolainfo.org.